Monday, March 30, 2009

Babies, Babies Everywhere...

but none for me to hold.  The past few weeks has been tough. I feel like I've been bombarded with babies. During the past two weeks, I received three baby shower invitations and I am expecting one more in the mail. I finally decided to say, "no" to one of them. Each time I go to one of these events, I come home feeling like it will never be my turn. Sorry if I'm a little mopey right now. I think I'm a little hungry... I didn't eat breakfast.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

The baby shower thing is painful. I will usually not go but send a gift instead. Just say I have plans. I'm always invited because nobody wants me to feel left out but I have only gone to two in the last three years. I can't stand them.

P.S. No matter how it happens, you will have your turn and it will be awesome.

Maryblog said...

I HEAR YA! haha we just had this conversation. Sometimes its so hard and not worth putting yourself through it. Its not that you aren't happy for them, you are, but sometimes you just aren't in the mood to put yourself in that difficult situation. Its ok to say no. Plus whats with all these 2nd baby baby showers...I always heard you usually get one on number one but on number 2 you are on your own. When you are buying someone a gift for the second time while you have yet to have one and have been trying throughout that whole time it hurts even more. We can make plans for those dates if you want!