Monday, April 13, 2009

woah!

Long time, no blog! Sorry. I planned on blogging earlier today but I've been sick from eating Easter candy. I usually don't each much candy so even a little bit will churn my stomach nowadays. 

On the fertility side of things, we've been going through the initial stages of IVF. You know: blood tests, paperwork and a water ultrasound. What's a water ultrasound, you say?? I thought you would never ask....

The Following is based on a true story

Once upon a time, there was a princess that went to her fairy godmother. 
Princess: Yo! I need you to take off this evil hex!
Fairy Godmother: Why? 
P:I want to make cute little princesses that look like me.
FG: Cool. I'm down. But we'll have to run some tests to see if you're ready.
P: I'm used to tests. Bring it on!
So the Fairy Godmother took the Princess to a small room with a bed. 
FG: Assume the testing position! (AKA Get those legs in the stirrups!) Me and my trusty assistant are going to look at your insides using this special magic mirror.
P: What are you looking at?
FG: We're looking at how your special nesting place is shaped.
P: Is this gonna hurt?
FG: You'll feel some pressure.
P: When will it start?
FG: We've already started.
Pretty soon, the Princess started to wet herself. This surprised for two reasons: 1) She couldn't control it and 2) it wouldn't STOP! 

After her meeting with the Fairy Godmother, the Princess received a some extra thick padding to prevent her wetting herself for the rest of the day.

So that's the story about a water ultrasound. Any questions?

P.S. Guess what! I'm immune to Rubella! Yeah!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Hi, my name is Hillary and my husband and I are beginning IVF too. I'm also a contributor on Infertile Sisters (infertilesisters.blogspot.com). Anyway, I found your blog through The R House and thought it was cool that we are experiencing the same stuff at the same time. Have you started Lupron injections yet? We start next Sunday. Anyhow, if you want to talk and share experiences, my e-mail is hillary.mccormack at gmail dot com.